Message from the President
I have the honor to inform you that under the aegis of :
- Ministry of Health,
the Moroccan League for the Fight against Diabetes and the University Ibn Tofaïl of Kenitra will celebrate the World Diabetes Day on November 9 and 10, 2018 at Ibn Tofaïl University in Kenitra.
Under the theme: "The Family and Diabetes", this celebration will be organized in collaboration with several institutions and scientific societies and associations: Ministry of Health, Provincial Medical Delegation of Kenitra, International Diabetes Federation of MENA Region, WHO, CNOPS, ANAM, Moroccan Society of 'Endocrinology Diabetology and Nutrition, Moroccan Society of Nutrition, Health and Environment, Regional Designated Center of Nutrition AFRA / IAEA (University Ibn Tofail - CNESTEN) and Association "Tous avec le Coeur".
During these three days, several activities will be programmed:
1- Doctors and nurses
- Continuous training for doctors of Kenitra and its Region on Diabetes (Public and private), its complications and its treatment:
- Diabetic Education: Essential Role in the Management of Diabetes.
- Continuous training for nurses of Kenitra (Public and private) about the role of the nurse in the management of Diabetes.
2- General public
- Screening campaign for Diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity and cholesterol.
- Video projection for awareness of Diabetes.
After Temara in 2012, Tata in 2013, Tantan in 2014, Errachidia 2015, Dakhla in 2016 and Benguerir in 2017, Kenitra welcomes us this year to celebrate World Diabetes Day at the beautiful green University Ibn Tofaïl.
A big thank you to the Ibn Tofaïl University of Kenitra, to the Presidency of the University, to the 53.000 students and of course to the teaching staff of the University.
Let's all be there to make this celebration a highlight in the ongoing fight against the scourge of Diabetes in our country ...
Pr Jamal Belkhadir